Monday, January 06, 2014

Textured Rose



One of my "resolutions" was to cook, or find more recipes that I can work into the routine. I am hoping to do at least one new recipe a week, and this past week I have been successful. Yesterday I made pulled pork sandwiches. The meat turned out great, the sauce, on the other hand, did not. I would definitely do a recipe like that again, but need to do more research on sauces. 

My kids kind of ate it. One kid isn't the biggest meat eater, so I don't usually factor him into the equation, the other, usually eats all/any meats, he ate it with mayo, which I consider a win.

Tonight I made a pot roast from this website, which I'm sure I've made before, but it was superb. I had it on low for 10 hours and it was so juicy and delicious, I would go out, but more meat, and make it again. My only bomb was, I had one side, and we could have definitely had two. I usually prep with one thing in mind, so I have to be more mindful of the entire meal for next time. Ah, ya live, ya learn...

4 comments:

The Framed Lady said...

What kind of sauce did you use? I make an awesome and super easy BBQ sauce for my pulled pork.

ketchup, dried minced onion, garlic salt, liquid smoke, brown sugar and/or honey, molasses, black pepper, and cayenne pepper if you like it a little hot. Turns out great every time (just add ingredients to taste), and kids like it because it's sweet.

Sheila Lynch said...

Pretty flower - and lovely texture work too.
Good luck with your resolution to cook more - its a good one (and healthy too)!

Sharon said...

Your texture edit is lovely. It's nice to see a bright flower on a winter day :)

Ida said...

This is so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...