Friday, January 03, 2014

In 2014...

Happy 2014!!

As you can tell, I've decided to start blogging again. I don't know how often, or what, but we will see what happens. I am continuing my project 365 / project 52 for 2014 as well, so if nothing else, those photos, and scrapbook pages will be here.

I don't really do resolutions, but I do try to set some goals for the year. I've already started a workout routine. I got really lazy with my keeping myself in shape, so I want to put that back into the routine. I suffered from a pinched nerve in the fall, and that really set me back. I hadn't realized how much, but I finally went in to the doctor and did some physical therapy which set me on the right track. My posture is awful and was one of the contributing factors for the pinched nerve. I now do my stretches regularly and can tell if I overdo it. I don't want to have to deal with that again. With respect to my own strength and fitness goals, I'd really like to get back into kettle bells. I don't know how or if that will work, but I am working on my pilates and yoga now to get my tone and flexibility back.

I'd like to drop the soda habit, but I haven't done that yet. I do well with going cold turkey, and seeing that we have a fresh 12 pack in the house, I'm not entirely sure how that would work out.

I'd like to start reading...I have a hard time finding books, and more times that not, I fall asleep, so we will see what happens.

I am leaving some of my hobbies to the professionals. I tried a couple of new things this year, creating my own cross stitch patterns and digital scrapbooking. I still have the software to do cross stitches if I plan to pick this up again, but it was a lot more time consuming and frustrating than I thought it would be.

I still plan to dabble a little in the design of digital scrapbooking kits. I really like participating in the Pixelscrapper blog trains, but that is probably all I will do. There are a zillion designers out there who are absolutely fabulous, and I didn't get as far as I would have liked, so I'm going to put this on the backburner for awhile. Ultimately, I would love to create my own wedding kit to scrap my wedding pictures, but I know that will be a slow process. My first step for that is setting a color palette. I have made two attempts at this, but didn't like the direction, so will start over from scratch.

This year I hope to take more photos of me. Seeing at there are less than 10 in the 5,036 photos I took last year, I think I should probably step this up a little.

I'd like to try more recipes, I don't do well whipping things up on my own, so I need the internet, or cookbooks and recipes, though I know the things my husband and I like, so need to expand upon this more than I do. I'd like to try one new recipe a week. I don't like it when recipes don't turn out though, it makes me feel like I wasted a lot of time and money.

Are you doing anything new for 2014? 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am planning on doing lots of things in 2014. I actually have 14 in 2014 and even have it as one of my pages. I just read The Husband's Secret and it was really good. I highly recommend it if you want a great book to read.

Ida said...

A couple of good places to start for recipes: Taste of Home and All Recipes both good sights.

I'm hoping to improve on photography skills this year, do more stamping and letter writing.

AudreyN said...

Yay! You're back to blogging also! I love the new layout by the way. I am hoping to get back into blogging more, and reading more books, and trying more dinner recipes! I am not very good at cooking dinner. We'll see how that works since my husband insists on going on a diet and he's the world's pickiest eater.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...