Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas projects completed!

This year, I made some gifts, not nearly as many, nor were they as complex as last year, but still had fun putting together the gifts that I gave out.

I forgot to take pictures as I was putting these little good bags together. I saw, somewhere on the Internet, a pamper-yourself-in-a-jar, so I got some mason jars and started putting little goodies in them. They were all similar in ways, but all were a bit unique for each person I gave them to. Some of the items were slippers, socks, finger nail polish, press on nails, infinity scarves, hand lotion, hand sanitizers, body wash, chap stick, chocolates, hot chocolate, and candies. It was fun putting them together, and I think everyone liked the little variety of treats. 

I also decided to get some items from Crafty Wood Cutouts, I found out about them sometime last year, and I wanted to give them a try. I ordered two trees, Noel, and jingle. I had fun with these. I don't normally do stuff like this, so it was fun to try something new. I painted each set a little different, and used a Christmas paper pack I purchased from Michael's for the designs.
Noel wood cutout

Jingle wood cutout

Crafty Wood Cutouts Christmas Tree

This year, I also made some attempts at creating my own cross stitch patterns. I had done a couple earlier in the year, and came to realize the program I was using was not reliable. I switched programs and had a little better success, but probably won't be doing too many more of these, unless something specific pops in my mind.

celebrate the little things cross stitch


a house needs a grandma cross stitch

I didn't create this pattern, I just completed it. I have another butterfly one I wanted to get finished, but time was against me, so I have it partially completed, with hopes to finish it soon.
Cross stitch butterfly

I already have a couple of ideas for things to do next year, but there is a lot of time between here and there, and who knows, I might change my mind (a couple million times).

Did you do any crafting this holiday season? 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

These are really great ideas!

Enie Dub said...

I do like all your paper covered Christmas words - the paper you used is very stylish!

I might have to try this craft next year.

AudreyN said...

Your wood crafts are adorable! I would totally buy them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...