Our irises are starting to bloom. The yellow ones popped up over the weekend, and just this morning, I saw one of the purple ones finally made it's way out.
Here's my original photo. There hasn't been a lot of sun around.
So my first edit went a little dark. Similar to what I did with my tulip last week, I was just kind of drawn to the darkness. Then I thought it started to look a little weird without the stem being visible.
So, I opened up my original again, and went lighter with textures. I used Nancy's newest texture 0607 I believe was the name. Added it to Hard Light and erased some of the texture from the petals. Then I added another one of Nancy's Textures, the Sakura one, added it to 100% Overlay, erased the texture over the petals, and there you have it!