Tuesday, June 11, 2013

161/365 Yellow Iris

Our irises are starting to bloom. The yellow ones popped up over the weekend, and just this morning, I saw one of the purple ones finally made it's way out.

Here's my original photo. There hasn't been a lot of sun around.

So my first edit went a little dark. Similar to what I did with my tulip last week, I was just kind of drawn to the darkness. Then I thought it started to look a little weird without the stem being visible.

So, I opened up my original again, and went lighter with textures. I used Nancy's newest texture 0607 I believe was the name. Added it to Hard Light and erased some of the texture from the petals. Then I added another one of Nancy's Textures, the Sakura one, added it to 100% Overlay, erased the texture over the petals, and there you have it!
Which do you like better?

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oo that is so awesome!!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Loving that edit Emily! Perfect.

Life with Kaishon said...

You are a great editor! : )
So exciting to see the flowers of summer blooming, isn't it?

tinajo said...

Beautiful processing! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/

richies said...

Nice editing.
An Arkies Musings

Lauren said...

Impressive photography and editing skills! All 3 pics look great, but I do love the dark one.

Patrice said...

Your edits are fabulous!

Nicki said...

A perfect combination of textures for this picture - very nice!

Sharon said...

The texture on the last edit is stunning!

msdewberry said...

These are all awesome! Love the black background, makes it so much more dramatic!

Caroline Hampton said...

I love irises! Your edits are both beautiful and I can't choose between them. If they were heading for a wall it would depend entirely on the room!

Ida said...

Irises are so beautiful and I just love your edit of this one, so pretty.

abrianna said...

I like them all but I too am partial to the "floating" iris with no stem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...