Tuesday, June 04, 2013

154/365 Tulip macro

 Happy Tuesday! How is everyone today?! My before and after for today. A macro of my last tulip.

Before:

After:
I change the contrast a little to darken the background. I then sharpened it and added two textures

May by Nancy
Words by Kim Klassen
I added both of the layers to Combine and then erased the textures from the tulip petals and a very low opacity, around 30%, and this is the final product!
Texture Tuesday // Tuesday Muse // Communal Global
Which do you like better...the before or after?

7 comments:

tinajo said...

Beautiful macro! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/

Nicki said...

Neat comparison - Nature did a pretty good job on this flower as well.

Sharon said...

They are both lovely. I do like the first one because of the purple color. I'm drawn to more vibrant colors, but that's just me. I love the clarity of your photos!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I like both. Thank you for sharing at Tuesday Muse Em. xo

abrianna said...

Beautiful photos, both of them.

shirley said...

I like the colors in the first shot and I like how the textures make the 2nd version more abstract!

EarlK said...

Wonderful. There is great beauty in the texture of a tulip.

Earl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...