Sunday, May 19, 2013

138/365 Fresh tulip

digital scrapbooking week May 12 - May 18
We've been having a pretty good weekend. It's been rainy, but we were able to get outside and play for a little while yesterday afternoon. It was muggy and humid, but it wasn't uncomfortable. We also watched the Preakness. It would have been neat to have a Triple Crown this year, but I was going for Itsmyluckyday, he came in second.

A couple more flowers are coming up, not everything is making it's way back this year, but I'm enjoying what  we've got. I got a little more weeding done yesterday, another little chunk of it anyway. The lilacs are blooming so the yard is full of that wonderful smell, too.

I have been playing more and more with my camera settings. Now that I have more light, that gives me some time to practice with things, though, I can't do it for too long at a time, the littlest always seems to find something to put in his mouth!

bright red tulip - the emily files

11 comments:

Jaime Oliver said...

what a great set of pics xx

LisaS said...

Great tulip! Such a bright shade of red ;)

Robyn G said...

I like your collage, Emily. The diamonds make a neat boarder. The colors are so vibrant on your tulip picture.

We have been getting a little rain. It is amazing how the grass greens up over night. We have good chances for the next few days and we need it.

I am seeing a few more prairie flowers and the plum thickets are blooming. I need to get thicket bloom picts. I tried the other day, but it was too windy.

Jenny Paulin said...

such beautiful photos - and i really like the way you have showcased your favourite images from the week x

Laura said...

so beautiful! love the brilliant color!

Cathy Keller said...

Such a pretty tulip!! You certainly had a lot of fun!! I enjoyed it, too! Cathy

Lavender Cottage said...

I think it is the background behind the red tulip that makes it that much nicer.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, love your macros!

Ruth said...

A beautiful tulip indeed! It is great to have more daylight at last :)

Haley Phillips said...

I love all of these beautiful pictures! I can't figure out my camera as well as some other bloggers have!

http://haleybrianna.blogspot.com

Dina Lettre said...

These are really lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...