Tuesday, May 14, 2013

133/365 A flower for you.

Happy Tuesday to you! For some weird reason, we are suppose to be in the 90s today, then trend back to normal. The weather here has been strange. It snowed less than two weeks ago, now 90...
yellow gerbera daisy
Here's is the original photo I selected to use for my edit today. I knew, going in to work, there were going to be a bunch of flowers from the weekend, so I came properly equipped. I am sure you will be seeing more of these shots over the week. I was thinking it might be flower week, but then yesterday afternoon, the boy took quite the interest in using my little point and shoot. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera outside to take pictures of the boy taking pictures....it was pretty cute.

The prompt for Texture Tuesday was Black and White, with/without a splash of color. These are the steps I took.

Step 1: Convert to black and white
Step 2: Sharpen
Step 3: Apply Texture: Nancy Claeys Xeveria 90% Subtract
Step 4: Increase exposure to lighten
Step 5: Add Kim Klassen's texture 0303 100% overlay

textured yellow gerbera daisy - the emily files 133/365
Texture Tuesday // Tuesday Muse // Communal Global 

I like the drama the edit adds to the flower, what do you think?

10 comments:

Nancy Claeys said...

Love. It. xo

Kim Cunningham said...

Both are nice! I really am drawn to that gorgeous orange color!

Stephanie said...

Yes, it is very dramatic - and very beautiful

Buckeroomama said...

Ooh, I love the effect!! Very cool... and pretty. :)

Robyn G said...

Emily,
Both the original and the edit are stunning! Looks like you had fun with this beautiful picture.

bettyl said...

Great edits. Love it.

Barb said...

Oh my! The flower totally changed and it looks lovely! Of course, the original is fab too, and this is my favorite flower!

EarlK said...

Wonderful. Really is very nice.

Earl

Catherine said...

Really stunning post-processing Emily! I totally agree about the drama... love the details and texture.

Hailey said...

awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...