Wednesday, April 24, 2013

113/365 Editing

Every once and awhile, I like to post before and afters of the photos I edit. I don't edit every photo, like the Jelly bean one, that's not edited, nor is the awesome shades photo (except for the crop). But, yesterday, I took a couple of pictures after the snow we got Monday night, to preserve the fact that we got 5 inches of snow on April 22nd. We also had record lows that night, a record that was from 1888, I believe. 

So, here's the original

Here's my edit.
I like editing photos, sometimes I go a bit overboard, I know, but I like them, so yah. I brightened the sun, and blued the sky. I then applied two textures, one from a Miss Nancy, the other a Kim Klassen. I still really stink at noting all my steps, but am trying to get better. I used Nancy's scripted texture, and Havana, by Kim.
Which do you like better, the before, or after? Are you one to edit photos, or what do you do?

13 comments:

Anne Payne said...

I use Nancy & Kim's textures, too. Very definitely prone to editing my photos but just because I am new to this and it's such fun :)

Both photos have their own beauty. The first makes me feel chilled to the bone. The second radiates warmth so I am leaning to that one after having such a dismal winter here in NC. Spring has sprung and I am all about feeling warmer!

Barbara said...

I love your edit, lovely work

Nancy Claeys said...

I like the edited one Em -- more dramatic. Good job girl! xo

Anki-itte said...

I like the second picture, the colors are warmer.

abrianna said...

Editing is fun. I usually de noise and sharpen everything, and sometimes play with the color curves.

Of this I like the first one best but wonder what it would be like with blue textures added.

deborah said...

Love both of these images, but I really like the effect you got using the textures! Great work! I use Kim's textures, but I'll have to check out what Miss Nancy has to offer! First time visiting from Texture Tuesday. :)

Ahayes1225 said...

Nice contrasting images, I like the warm one since it reminds me of spring!

Marilyn said...

I like them both. The edit gives it some excitement, but then I like the tranquility of the original image. Go figure.....

Marilyn said...

Oh, and the 10 things I do when I have a few minutes: Lightroom and PSE edit, edit, edit......plus watch videos for classes I take on editing, editing, editing.

EarlK said...

Beautifully done. Great original photo and textured version. Lovely work.

Earl

Shannon said...

I like both for different reasons. I like the first one I really shows what you were trying to record and its a beatiful picture. The second one is very dramatic and artistic.
I have just really gotten into taking pictures. So I'm working on learning to use my new camera(Canon T1i) and taking good picture using all the manual settings. Once I get that down I will experiment with editing.

Ida said...

I like both of them. The original has a much "cooler" feel to it which shows what the snow must have felt like. The 2nd edit is warmer and shows what the snow would be like with sun shining on it. It's fun to play around with editing.

ellie pcreativegeekery said...

Congratulations, Emily! This post was PINNED to THE Pin It Party's Best of the Best pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/creativegeekery/the-pin-it-party-the-best-of-the-best/

Hope you will come back this week and link up again! http://bit.ly/15bMC19

XO, ellie @ creative geekery

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...