Tuesday, March 12, 2013

71/365 Friends and Smells, just not smelly friends

So, I fully intended on participating in Monday Listicles on Monday, but I forgot. Then, I saw my feed this morning, and went 'd'oh!'

10 of my favorite smells

1. Fresh newborn baby. You know that smell? That smell is awesome. It's clean, and pure, and wonderful. As wonderful as that smell is, I'm happy to not be dealing with one right now.

2. Linen fresh laundry. That is a nice smell.

3. Chocolate chip cookies in the oven. This smell is awesome because you know in less than 10 minutes, you will be consuming a delicious chocolate chip cookie. I don't bake nearly as often as I'd like to. I hope to rectify that a bit this year.

4. Spring rain. Did you get that? SPRING....rain. Preferably while I am in my house with nowhere to go.

5. Fireplace in use. Usually means you are cozied up with a nice beverage under blankets, relaxing. And, I like all of those things.

6. Lilacs outside on the bushes...means Spring, and I have been ready for Spring for some time.

7. Mint. Peppermint, spearmint, vanilla mint, they are all yummy smells to me!

8. Brewing coffee. I am not yet drinking coffee, but I sure do enjoy the smell of it!

9. Food cooking in the crock pot. It's always a nice smell to have in your kitchen, effortless cooking.

10. Clean hair!

And now for a photo that has nothing to do with the list.

We call these Bear and puppy. They are friends.

bear and puppy

13 comments:

Barbara said...

Love this post, and your "Friends" entry for Tuesday Muse is just adorable.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love new babies : )
I can never get enough of them.
Bear and puppy look like great friends.

Tamar SB said...

Lilacs and spring rain together is beyond amazing!

Amber - Binkertation said...

love your list! I'm with you on newborn baby and linens...mmmm I want another baby just to smell it ;)

Snap said...

Fun post! Love your list and bear and puppy sure make wonderful friends!!!

Linda R said...

What a great list. I remember before I started drinking coffee I used to think how could something smell so good and taste so bad.. But know I love coffee. I think its the cream and sugar I add to it that makes it taste so good.

Sharon said...

Your photo of bear and puppy is just adorable! I love the vintage look.

Dina Lettre said...

Totally agree...and I think laundry is my fave. The clean kind. :)

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

I am visiting from Tuesday Muse and I was drawn here by your picture of Bear and Puppy. At 61 I still love stuffies.. :) I also love the smell of FOOD cooking in the crockpot!

Lauren said...

Great list, I have to say that I agree with just about each thing on there. The smell of food in the crock pot is just the best, especially in the winter.

Dana @ Kiss My List said...

Great list, but what really made me smile was the next post, and the photo of (your?) hair. Exactly what my son's hair looks like in the winter! Mine's curly, so it tends to go out instead of up.

Paul Craig said...

Yes to llacs and I want spring to be here too. Tired of winter and that closed up smell that the house gets.

Yona Williams said...

Oh yeah...I put chocolate chip cookies in the oven and brewing coffee on my list. They smell amazing.

I also agree about food cooking in the crock pot...yum!

http://artpark78.com/blog1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...