Thursday, March 07, 2013

66/365 Cake

Well, we are a couple days into March, and it's safe to say that little brother is in full on toddle mode. He apparently got the memo, that now that he is one, no more shenanigans, and by that, I mean, crawling at top speed, climbing stairs, climbing to stand, eating the floor, eating more floor, and licking the floor. 

He did wonderful the day of his birthday. He slept well, he napped (well enough, given the circumstances), he charmed people, and he was pretty pleasant and easy going with everything. We saw lots of relatives and hung out with some cousins, grandparents, and great grandparents too.

birthday cake macro

It's been quite the month with this little guy. I hadn't put much thought in his cognitive development, but put two and two together and thought we should start with some sign language, which has been fun. The boy is learning the signs, too, so now both the boy and I will sign things to little brother. I know he knows more, drink, all done, he wave hi and bye. I perpetually forget about blowing kisses and some other fun things, but he seems to pick these up pretty quick, so if we reinforce them, and use them regularly, I wouldn't doubt that he would learn them.

streamers!
It's really fun to see him develop more and more, gain his independence, and see how the relationship with the boy develops. They love playing with each other, but little brother is very curious to check out all ends of the house, and will do just that whenever he wants to.

He's got 4 teeth and is currently cutting his upper eye teeth, so I'm sure the lower eye teeth will soon be behind those. He is a fan of eating, and gets mad when we eat things around him that he isn't enjoying. He eats everything, and I think the only thing that he might not be a fan of is broccoli, but we will try that again at some point. He likes toast, and cheerios, puffs, crunchy things, you know, the norm. I have (finally) done some of my own pureeing, and he seems to enjoy that, so I will probably be doing that more and more, even though we does pretty good with small finger foods.
barber shop polls
It'll be fun to see what happens this next month, at the rate he is moving, I wouldn't be surprised if we've got a walker, or a pre-walker for that matter. But we will just have to wait to see what happens!


7 comments:

AudreyN said...

That cake looks so cute! I can't believe he is one!

Tamar SB said...

What a cute cake! 1 is such a fun age!

Kim Cunningham said...

I want to taste that cake! Looks great! I used to love making my own purée for my babies. It was a very satisfying thing for me.

Amber - Binkertation said...

Happy Birthday to your littlest - now the fun REALLY begins ;)

Love the decor and that cake looks yummmy

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

Oh man- now I want some cake! YUM

Icy BC said...

Yummy looking cake and fun decoration!

Buckeroomama said...

The cake looks lovely. I've always loved the yellow/blue color combo... so pretty. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...