Saturday, February 23, 2013

54/365 Before + Freebie

Happy Saturday!
We got about 6 inches of snow after all is said and done. Fortunately, the commute home was a breeze.

Here is a morning sunrise shot before the snowfall from Thursday morning.


I am participating in the designer challenge at Pixelscrapper. The challenge (if you were to accept it) is to create a repeating paper pattern.

Let me preface this by saying, I don't do a lot of my own designing. I am good at taking a template and modifying it to my liking, but starting something from scratch is something I am not good at. With that said, I use about 4 different programs (depending on what my plans are) to edit my photos and do my scrapbooking.

For the template and papers below, I used Gimp as I am not a Photoshop owner. I have crappy eyes and hands, so I have to use my grids and guides. I tried using paths to create some shapes, but they all looked like a fifth graders shapes. So I scaled back and started with lines.

I drew one layer with squares 100 pixels apart, then I created another layer, shifted my squares over by 50 pixels and reduced the transparency. Repeating pattern, yes. Simple, yes.

I created a paper pack with psd template for your download below.



Download link here

2 comments:

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for your pattern. Is it CU?

Lauren said...

Beautiful sunrise shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...