Wednesday, February 20, 2013

51/365 Black and white tulips

black and white tulips

PhotobucketNapTime MomTog My Memory ArtThe Paper Mama

So far this week, it's been all flowers. I think I'm okay with that. It's winter here, and flowers aren't blooming anywhere in sight, so flowers in vases is the closest thing I have to hold on to that Spring will come...hopefully sooner than later.

I have noticed the sunrise more and more (on the days that aren't cloudy and precipitating) as I drive into work in the mornings, and I'm okay with that too.

Funny story about black tulips. Have you ever seen them in real life? Well, silly us, a couple of years ago, while shopping at Mendards for flowers to plant, we came across a bag labeled "Black Tulip Bulbs". Both my husband and I thought it would be really neat to have  black tulips growing in our front yard, as neither of us had seen them. So we bought them with high hopes. As they started to bloom, I would go outside and check on them eagerly waiting their arrival. Do you know what happened?

Every single bulb was not black...they were all red, except one, which was orange.

Sigh.

Lesson learned, Menards, lesson learned.

8 comments:

Lori_Z said...

These make me wish for spring.

Tish said...

Emily, you and I sound so much alike!! I also bought flowers this past week, daffodils and then tulips! I definitely am in need of color and cheer!! and our sunrise yesterday was breathtaking. unfortunately it only lasted about 45 minutes before it was raining and then snowing. ugh!! ha ha feels like winter is dragging on and on and on ...
hang in there, we will get through it!

oh, and how disappointing about your black tulips. :( i've never seen them before. i bet they are really cool. tulips are one of my favorite flowers.

Pieni Lintu said...

Beautiful!!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

What an awesome shot! And what a bummer you bought black tulip bulbs that didn't turn out black...I've never seen black ones, but I'm intrigued! :)

The 5-Dollar 100 Year Old Dragon

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous!! We've got more snow on the way, tulips seems so far away!

Kim Cunningham said...

I just love tulips! They are so simple and pretty.

Melissa Bliss Rich said...

Beautiful! I adore tulips...and black and whites ;)

Anne said...

Hello, my Dear! I've come to your blog (a little late, I know!) from Rural Journal's "blog - building" party ~ I always love delightful new blogs to follow and meeting new people!
Now following you!
Hugs,
Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...