Tuesday, February 12, 2013

43/365 Crafting

crafting with the boy
Our World Tuesday // Communal Global

On Sunday I thought it would be nice to do a craft project with the boy. We don't do a lot of projects, so I figured I would give it a go. He does good with water painting and finger painting, so I thought he would have the attention span to put together some Valentine's for day care.

I had cut up many different shapes of paper, circles, squares, triangles, diamonds, ovals, and hearts, had Valentine's themed paper and threw in some sport stickers to make them more manly. I also had a bottle of glue and glue glitter sticks, and crayons.

He had fun gluing the different shapes on the cards and putting the stickers all over the place, but once those glue glitter sticks came out, I couldn't get him away from those. He was getting frustrated with the fact he had to squeeze and write at the same time, and I ended up taking them out of the equation, and that made him mad. So, we had to take a little break, and went back at it.

We ended up making the 10 valentine's for day care, but if I were to do another project like this, I would keep it more focused, fewer items, things he's seen or used before, that way there would be no 'newness' to the project. I think for the most part, though, he had fun.

4 comments:

Dana said...

What a fun project! I wish I had the patience to do more things like this with my kids.

Happy Tuesday!

AudreyN said...

I have found doing crafting projects with boys is difficult. My son has little patience for these things, and only really likes putting stickers onto paper. His attention span lasts about 5 minutes

Gary said...

Sounds like a good idea!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Buckeroomama said...

I find that when I limit the choices / materials when we do arts and crafts, things are more manageable, but then, it is fun once in a while to just let them loose and see what magic they come up with! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...