Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pixelscrapper February Blog Train

So I am participating in my first ever blog train! The train is hosted by Pixelscrapper, and the theme was Retro Kitchen. Now, as you can plainly see, there is nothing kitchen-y in the kit. HOWEVER, I used that thought process to make some of the backgrounds in the kit. My goals for this train were to figure out how to change gray scaled items to colors from the thread, to create an alpha, and to create an assortment of backgrounds, which as you can see, I did accomplish all of those things. I separated the downloads into four different sections, so you can download certain sections if you weren't interested in the entire kit. 

First is the elements. All of the elements were from Pixelscrapper. I'd like to figure out more about elements for the next train. As I use GIMP, I have a little learning curve as most of the tutorials out there are for Photoshop. There are some brackets, bows, frames, I was really all over the place, which is something I would change going forward.

 Second, are the bonus Love Papers, I figured, with February, comes Valentine's Day. Again, the template was from Pixelscrapper. They come in four gradient colors.

Third, is the alpha. I had always wondered how people did it. Now, I know. 

And finally, the backgrounds, there are four textured, three polka dot, two stripe, two gradient shell patterns, and three geometric ones.


Download Elements here

Bonus papers here

Alpha here

Paper pack here

I hope you enjoy, and I would love any and all feed back since this was my first attempt at participating in a digital scrapbooking blog train.

Here is the list for the rest of the train!


16 comments:

Brooke said...

Emily - congrats on completing your goals - and thanks!

Lou Anne said...

Your first blog train kit is awesome! Thank you for participating.

stampgram said...

Thanks...isn't this fun! Love it.

stampgram said...

Emily, I have unzipped your files and they are lovely. I haven't played with them yet but they sure look nice. Just one suggestion - you might want to add a Terms of Use or at the very least note if it is PU or CU on your preview. A TOU always helps because it is a way to tell who you are and how to contact you also. Because in time one forgets where they got the kit and can always check the TOU to give credit or check out what you are doing now.

eversoscrumptiously said...

Thank you, Emily! I loved hearing about your goals and getting to see the fruits of your experimentation. This was a huge learning curve for me as well. Maybe we can compare notes at some point and share what we learned through this process. I am sure there are a ton of things I'm still doing the "hard way." You made such an interesting variety of things - those ombre (gradient) papers are really enticing! I'd love to know how to make those, I think they look fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work! ~ Violet

Sunny Faith said...

GREAT job! Thank you for joining in and designing a part of the train! And I do think your part is terrific. Keep on designing!

dencla said...

Congrats on your first train! Thank you for sharing your hard work with the rest of us.

Faiths Mom said...

Thanks so much!! Gorgeous papers!!

Antique Mommy said...

Beautiful kit - so fresh and bright! Thanks so much!

Lórien said...

First, thank you for sharing your results with us.

Second, congratulations for meeting your goals making all those pretty things

Third, I loved to know the story behind the kit. I am very impressed for you doing all of this with GIMP. And I am sure that, on your own way, you can become a great designer.

I also enjoyed the idea of the bonus papers! So clever of you remembering the Valentine´s Day :)

Tegui's Claws said...

First timer BT contributor and for Pixel Scrapper it's awesome. Wonderful contribution and also agree with the bonus for Valentine's Day, also with the great job you do with GIMP. I cannot imagine what you will do with other designing programs. TYVM.

kern said...

Thank you so much. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

TravelGravy said...

Thank you! Fun.

Lis said...

Thanks so much! Well done!

redjanfan said...

thank you, great papers!!

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Cute, cute kit, Emily! Thanks so much for participating in the blog train.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...