Monday, January 21, 2013

21/365 10 things in my closet

I have been wanting to do a listicle again, but I either, usually forget, or, well, forget, I guess. So, I remembered to get the topic, and do a little of this in advance, or maybe not in advance, how about on time?

So, 10 things in my closet. I know quite well what is in my closet, since I did the big clean over the weekend after the 1st. I am not much of a hoarder, if I don't want something I usually have no hesitation to get rid of it. I have been known to spontaneously throw things away only to have to dig them out of the garbage later.
boots in my closet

Anyway, things in my closet:

1. Cowboy boots, numerous pairs, we will say 5, all of them are different colors.
2. A closet organizer where all my sweaters are kept, seems to make sense to me.
3. A bag full of Christmas ribbons and bows. And, of course, this was found after we put all the Christmas stuff in the crawl space.
4. A bin of 3T clothes. 
5. A very large garbage bag of clothes waiting to be donated. This is why I cleaned out my closet, to get rid of things, so now I am just waiting for a donation card to come in the mail, which we actually just got on Friday.
6. Stamping stuff from my mom. I dabble in the paper crafts, but not enough to warrant keeping them out all the time (like with my needle crafts).
7. A bin of books when I was in college. I majored in Spanish, and I have some pretty unique books from that time, it didn't seem "right" to get rid of them.
8. My cowboy hat.
9. A couple of matchbox cars that need to go back where they came from.
10. and...Dust!

Project 52 - I'm on week three! As I keep saying, so far so good!
project 52 scrapbooking page
project 52

10 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Anyone who doesn't have dust in their closet has waaayyyy too much free time :)

I like the detains in the stitching, but I tend to stick with plain boots.

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Wayne...a little dust . Love the shot of your boots!!

Stasha said...

Great click. I am so glad you get rid of stuff easily.i do with some, but I hold on to a bit of crap too.

The Artful Diva said...

Wow you have been a busy girl. I'm exhausted reading about what you've thrown away!

Ruth said...

Love those boots there...only 5 pairs? ;)

AudreyN said...

I love my cowgirl boots! My husband bought my 1st pair so I blame him for getting me hooked :)

Azara said...

I hate when I find seasonal stuff right after the occasion has passed. Somehow it happens every year.

I also have boxes of thingsto be donated. Now I just need to actually take them in.

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-18-and-country.html







I hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

Kate Grey said...

Hi Emily! Thanks for stopping by Seriously Kate!

I, too, have a bin full of college books that I cannot bring myself to depart with. Those were in the "other" closet. :)

Love the boots too!

Kate @ http://seriouslykateblog.blogspot.com

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms said...

Love the cowboy boots! And I was thinking about ripping the carpet out of my closet and replacing it with a hard surface until I thought about the dust. At least it gets ground into the carpet. Ellen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...