Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My first VoxBox - the Holiday VoxBox 2012!!

Are you on influenster? I signed up back in October and am loving it! Right before the holidays I received the Holiday VoxBox 2012, and it was so much fun testing the products they sent me! My sister just happen to be in town, so we chit chatted about the products and then shortly there after got her involved, and I'm pretty sure she's hooked.

Anyway, on to the box!
Influenster Holiday VoxBox 2012

Quaker Real Medleys
Yum!


First off was the Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal Cherry & Pistachio. Now, I normally am a fan of oatmeal. Before I was pregnant, I would eat it every day. Now, I'm not pregnant anymore, but am nursing, I still have some food issues similar to when I was pregnant, and one of those food issues is oatmeal, which I totally forgot about until I ate it. I followed the directions on the label, and very much enjoyed the first bite. The flavor was very delicious, the combination of cherries and pistachios is very appealing. I would definitely recommend if you don't have any oatmeal issues. Overall grade including my food issues B, without food issues, A.


NYC Lipshine
The one on the left I own, the one on the right is the one I just received!

Next was the NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine. Now I don't know about you, but I'm on an eternal quest to find the perfect lip color that isn't sticky, or too gooey. When I opened my box and saw a tube of the lipshine I was pretty excited, as I own three tubes of that already. So, I checked to see if it was a color I already owned and it was not, so again, I was pretty happy here. I put it on, smacked my lips together, and laughed at my sister since she didn't get one. We are nice like that. It was a neutral color, which I loved, and was not sticky AT ALL. I hate sticky lip glosses / colors /shines. I tried to take a picture of this on my lips, but that didn't turn out too well. Overall grade, A, and definitely recommend.

eboost


Another item in the box was the eboost. The little card says it will boost your mood, focus and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash. Since I am nursing I'm eating a pretty pure diet, so I didn't consume this. I gave this to my sister, at which point she dropped it in a glass of water and chug-a-lugged it. She compared it to emergenc, which I have never had. Her grade for it, a B. She recommends it, but would not buy it.

Kiss Nail Dress


Leopard Print Nails
Pardon the excessively dry skin, you have no idea how much lotion I have to use every day.


The next item in the box was the Kiss Nail Dress. I was a little hesitant about this as I'd never done anything other than painted my nails, so I assumed these were going to smell, and it was going to be a big hassle...and let me tell you, it was not. My sister just so happened to have a set of Sally Hansen Salon Effects, so we did these at the same time after the kids went to bed. The directions were similar, hers required a little more buffing and stuff, so she did that while I applied mine, then she applied hers. I am pleased with them, and love the leopard print nails. I was afraid they weren't going to last long, as I am constantly washing dishes and bottles, and I know that general wears the polish down quicker than someone who doesn't do those things. Now that I have had these on for a a week, they are showing some wear, but that is too be expected. My overall grade is A+, I really liked these, and would definitely buy and recommend.
Goody Quikstyle Hair Brush

Good hair brush

Goody Hair Brush
Toddler approved!

Next was the Goody QuikStyle Brush, they say the super absorbent microfiber bristles removes up to 30% of water as you style...it's like a towel and a brush in one...and I completely agree. My sister said she had heard of these and was a bit curious, but as I live in a box had never heard of these. I was a little curious now, to see how these worked, though I did wait until the next day to shower, rather than immediately run and wash my hair. I don't normally brush my hair in the morning, but I do now! I don't normally have time in the mornings to do my hair, so I leave the house with wet hair, even in the middle of winter, even when it's 8 degrees out! I have to say, I did notice a big difference when I used this brush, I styled as normal and walked out of the house with mostly dry hair, rather than mostly wet hair. I definitely recommend! My overall grade is A!
Fruit Smoothie Face Mask

The last item I received was the Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask. I used this Christmas morning as I took my time getting ready in the morning, at which point I realized I completely forgot about taking a picture. I don't normally use any masks, so I thought it was fun to get one. It smelled wonderful, like a raspberry smoothie, I followed the directions on the package, rinsed off, and immediately noticed that my face was more smooth and was not red, which it normally is in the morning. I even noticed today, that after I got out the shower, my face was still soft and smooth. I would recommend and buy! My overall grade A.

Now, you might think I'm an easy grader, since I gave all these products A's, but if you were to see my profile, I am definitely not. I think it's safe say I like beauty products and don't really buy things that I haven't tried before as I don't like to waste money. I had so much fun with my Holiday VoxBox.

Disclosure: I received these products complimentary through influenster for testing, and the opinions here are 100% my very own!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...